Last call for the NAQI Soft tissue course next Saturday 20th March in Birmingham with Mike Grice
Saturday 24th June 2017
This one-day course will enable clinicians to:
Aims of the one day course are
1. Introduction to Airway clearance techniques
2. Understand airways physiology, ‘normal’ airway clearance and reasons for sputum retention.
3. The AD Technique- explanation, delegate demo and try out–breathing pattern and lung volumes
4. The different breathing techniques, ACBT,PEP, Flutter, Acapella.
5. How breathing techniques work -physiological basis of the breathing technique and lung volume
6. Further to point 5 understand how the technique will be tailored to the individual patient
7. Understand the impact of pathology on sputum production and clearance
8. Understand the use and impact of Cough Assist, IPPB/NIV in ITU/Poorly Patients
9. Be able to evaluate patient problems and demonstrate a high level of reasoning when considering individual case studies.