Looking forward to Ruth Jones Athletic Pelvis & Pelvic Floor course next weekend in Birmingham. 3 places left and some key things you'll get out of this super 2 days are
1. Build a profile and business seeing specialist male and female athletes with pelvic floor dysfunction
2. Develop expertise in assessing and treating male pelvic floor dysfunction to include rectal exam/ tx
3. Develop expertise in assessing female pelvic floor to include vaginal and rectal exams.
4. Become competent and confident in using the EZ Magic on Males and females.
5. Develop strong MSk and exercise skills in assessing and treating pelvic dysfunction.
Saturday 6th October 2018 - Sunday 7th October 2018
This will be one of the few Paediatric and adolescent Pelvic Floor and health courses to be run in the UK. With a focus on external techniques, education, behaviour modification, exercise and external pelvic floor techniques this course will equip delegates to add this specialised area of pelvic health to their clinical practice.
The course will focus on Paediatric Pelvic Health : The next frontier in Pelvic Physiotherapy.
Tutor: Carina Siracus PT, DPT, WCS
Carina Siracusa, PT, DPT, WCS practices with Ohio Health in Columbus, Ohio, USA where she is a pelvic floor therapist and the program coordinator for the oncology rehabilitation team. She also works closely with the OhioHealth Neuroscience tower where she heads up the wheelchair clinic as well as the neuroincontinence program. She served as the CAPP Pelvic Committee Chair from 2011-2015. She has been teaching for the Section on The American Physical Therapy Women’s Health section for over 5 years. In 2017 she was part of the 1st Focused Symposium on Paediatric Pelvic Health at WCTP 2017 in Cape Town. Carina is one of the few pelvic health physiotherapists to specialise in both paediatrics and paediatric pelvic health giving her a unique perspective on these young patients.