Looking forward to Ruth Jones Athletic Pelvis & Pelvic Floor course next weekend in Birmingham. 3 places left and some key things you'll get out of this super 2 days are
1. Build a profile and business seeing specialist male and female athletes with pelvic floor dysfunction
2. Develop expertise in assessing and treating male pelvic floor dysfunction to include rectal exam/ tx
3. Develop expertise in assessing female pelvic floor to include vaginal and rectal exams.
4. Become competent and confident in using the EZ Magic on Males and females.
5. Develop strong MSk and exercise skills in assessing and treating pelvic dysfunction.
Friday 12th July 2019 - Sunday 14th July 2019
This 3-day introductory Men’s Health Physical Therapy course will focus on the assessment and management of the Men's Health PT patient. The course will focus on the detailed history taking of the complex conditions men with pelvic dysfunction present with. Conditions that will be introduced and focused on will be male pelvic pain, male athletic pelvic pain, hard flaccid syndrome, post prostatectomy urinary incontinence, and post prostatectomy erectile dysfunction. This course will also focus on addressing the challenges of setting up or building a men's health PT service.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for male and female PTs who want to develop/update their interest in Men’s Health PT, including those with a Women’s Health, Musculoskeletal or Sports background. The course will equip you to start working with male pelvic patients and to develop a new role or service. Gerard has a strong track record of teaching mixed groups of physical therapists and also those who are new to either male pelvic health or pelvic health PT.
• Male Pelvic Floor anatomy, function and dysfunction
• Developing detailed history taking skills with these complex conditions
• Exploring the complex psychological, emotional, cognitive, social & behavioural aspects of the conditions these men present with
• Internal Examination in Men’s Health Physiotherapy
• Assessment & Management of Male Pelvic Pain
• Introducing the EZ Magic therapeutic device and its role in management of pelvic pain and building self-efficacy
• Role of Musculoskeletal & exercise based physiotherapy in the male pelvic pain patient to include athletic pelvic pain; Bridging the musculoskeletal, sports & pelvic health gap
• Role of trans-abdominal ultrasound scanning and its use in the over or under active male pelvic floor
• Introduction to the management of pelvic floor dysfunction and urinary incontinence in a post prostate cancer surgery patient
• Introduction to post prostatectomy erectile dysfunction
• How do develop a Men’s Health Physiotherapy service & role: An expanding role for Physiotherapists
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for this course.