March 2019 Yoga for Physiotherapists & Health Professionals: West Midlands , UK
Saturday 30th March 2019 - Sunday 31st March 2019
This updated two day yoga course will enable participants to use yoga therapeutically as a treatment and rehabilitation tool with their patients through :
- Understanding the many different styles of yoga so you can safely recommend classes for your patients/clients
- Developing your skills through practicing the key elements of yoga that work well with physiotherapy so you can use them personally and professionally : (asana- physical practice/ breath control/mindfulness/meditation)
- Exploring what the postures ‘do’ in terms of alignment and movement function, and how they may ‘feel’ for patients/clients
- Review the latest evidence for using yoga as part of a patient’s treatment and management.
- Practice and learn some proven yoga sequences - including breath work and mindfulness -to use with patients on a one-to-one and small group basis. (Learn how to adapt these to use with patients with a wide variety of conditions)
- Bring this all together to develop a clinically based approach to including yoga as part of a treatment plan both individually and as part of a class, e.g lower back pain.