Following the success of last year's inaugural Women's Health Physio Summit #WHSummit15 we now have a date for the 2016 summit. We will be using the #pelvicsummit16 on social media. This year will have some new and exciting developments to include some Men's Health Physiotherapy content with one of the leading international Men's Health tutors. We will also have a guest speaker from the States who is one of the key APTA Physios in Women's and Men's health. There will also be a session on pelvic physio in neurological and long term conditions and the role of biomechanics in managing the post natal patient. Lots of other great sessions also. A new addition this year will be a pre-summit course and this will be a one day course looking at managing the pelvic patient with a blended musculoskeletal and women's health approach. This will appeal to both women's and men's health physios and those in musculoskeletal and sports who are either currently seeing these patients or would like to. There will be speakers from Ireland, UK and the States and similar to last year we are hoping to attract International delegates also. The venue was so great last year in Birmingham we will be returning there on Saturday 18th June 2016. Save the date! Many Thanks Gerard
Friday 12th July 2019 - Sunday 14th July 2019
This 3-day introductory Men’s Health Physical Therapy course will focus on the assessment and management of the Men's Health PT patient. The course will focus on the detailed history taking of the complex conditions men with pelvic dysfunction present with. Conditions that will be introduced and focused on will be male pelvic pain, male athletic pelvic pain, hard flaccid syndrome, post prostatectomy urinary incontinence, and post prostatectomy erectile dysfunction. This course will also focus on addressing the challenges of setting up or building a men's health PT service.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for male and female PTs who want to develop/update their interest in Men’s Health PT, including those with a Women’s Health, Musculoskeletal or Sports background. The course will equip you to start working with male pelvic patients and to develop a new role or service. Gerard has a strong track record of teaching mixed groups of physical therapists and also those who are new to either male pelvic health or pelvic health PT.
• Male Pelvic Floor anatomy, function and dysfunction
• Developing detailed history taking skills with these complex conditions
• Exploring the complex psychological, emotional, cognitive, social & behavioural aspects of the conditions these men present with
• Internal Examination in Men’s Health Physiotherapy
• Assessment & Management of Male Pelvic Pain
• Introducing the EZ Magic therapeutic device and its role in management of pelvic pain and building self-efficacy
• Role of Musculoskeletal & exercise based physiotherapy in the male pelvic pain patient to include athletic pelvic pain; Bridging the musculoskeletal, sports & pelvic health gap
• Role of trans-abdominal ultrasound scanning and its use in the over or under active male pelvic floor
• Introduction to the management of pelvic floor dysfunction and urinary incontinence in a post prostate cancer surgery patient
• Introduction to post prostatectomy erectile dysfunction
• How do develop a Men’s Health Physiotherapy service & role: An expanding role for Physiotherapists
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for this course.