Big thanks for all your messages and emails of support. Our Physio family is strong at this time. We are excited about using this period of uncertainty to develop some new online courses. Gerard has a lot of experience in this area, from his Assistant Prof role in Coventry University and the webinar he developed for the APTA. We move forwards together. Stay safe.
This course allows participants to integrate evidence-based Physiotherapy Pilates techniques and strategies into their women’s health practice to include Pelvic Girdle pain, Rectus Diastasis, Post Natal rehab and pelvic floor re-training.
Participants on this Course will:
1. Develop confidence in applying their Pilates skills within Women’s health practice.
2. Develop and broaden their clinical skills within specific women’s health conditions.
3. Be able to assess the core training needs for a wide variety of women’s health clients at different stages of rehab and function.
4. Strengthen their Pilates teaching skills to provide specific programmes for groups of women’s health clients.
5. Formulate individual and specific training programmes which are clinically relevant for each of their women’s health clients.
Tutor:Susan McDonnell MISCP, BSc (Hons)
Susan brings 15 years of international clinical experience as a Physiotherapist to this course. In 2008, Susan co-founded Pilates Physiotherapy Ireland to provide the benefits of Pilates with the expertise of a physiotherapy background. She has a Women’s Health caseload and special interest in Post-Natal Rehabilitation. She presented at WCPT15 in Singapore on Physiotherapy-led Post-Natal Pilates programmes.
If you have a question about our event, Pilates in Women’s Health Physiotherapy - Birmingham, please use the form below. We generally answer all questions within one business day.